- As of April 7, no residents in any of LifeSpire’s four communities have tested positive for COVID-19.
- On March 3, LifeSpire issued a memo to all residents, staff, families and vendors that outlined the procedures the company implemented to keep residents safe. At that time, LifeSpire mandated that all visitors and staff be screened before entry into the higher levels of care—assisted living, health care and memory care—ahead of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
- On March 10, LifeSpire limited visitors to those necessary to residents’ wellbeing or in end-of-life situations. LifeSpire communities continued screening all visitors, staff and vendors who entered the higher levels of care areas and further expanded screenings to all entrances at the community.
- On March 13, LifeSpire restricted all visitors except in instances of end-of-life before the CDC made this recommendation. Every person who entered the community had to be screened for symptoms.
- All communal dining and group activities were suspended on March 14. Transportation, except in the cases of medically necessary treatments and appointments, was also suspended that day.
- LifeSpire started quarantining all non-essential packages on April 2. This policy was implemented due to recent research that shows the virus can live on surfaces for up to 72 hours.
- Starting April 6, LifeSpire outfitted caregivers and team members who have interactions with residents with medical-grade facemasks. Team members who do not have interactions with staff are being provided with cloth facial coverings.
Six Things Everyone Can Do:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze.
- Maintain “social distances” of a few feet near people who show symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home and get medical attention if you are sick.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the community’s administrator of health care:
The Chesapeake Barbara Jackson-Ingram – 757-223-1677
The Culpeper Jim Jacobsen – 540-321-1301
The Glebe Ellen D’Ardenne – 540-591-2104
Lakewood Felicity Wood – 804-521-9151
Lakewood At Home Tammy Mackey – 804-521-9243
Questions may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.