The Virginia Baptist Homes Foundation (part of LifeSpire of Virginia) is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to lead annual individual, church and foundation fundraising for our four faith-based senior communities in Virginia. This position will be based at the LifeSpire of Virginia home office in Glen Allen, Va.
Main responsibilities include: develops and implements strategies for the annual fund, including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, donor recognition, and stewardship plans for all donor categories and events; coordinates the production of development publications and materials; oversees mailings and mailing lists and grant proposal writing. The position reports to the Vice President and works collaboratively with the department’s Administrative Assistant. We are looking for someone who is committed to the fundraising profession. The successful candidate must demonstrate their history of a high work ethic, initiative, time management skills and work with minimal supervision and accountability. Statewide travel for events is required with occasional overnight stays.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated success for 2-3 years in a development position
- Demonstrated development and public relations writing skills
- Strong organizational skills; proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable enough about donor databases to run queries and create fundraising reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects creatively and resourcefully in order to meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated people skills; cheerful, respectful and ethical behavior a must
- Strong team orientation, including the ability to collaborate with staff and volunteers, provide and accept feedback, and work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Hands-on experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database preferred
- Public speaking experience preferred
This job offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, disability, and life insurance, retirement plan with company match and generous paid time off. EOE.
To Apply: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With your resume, we also encourage you to include a cover letter with salary expectations, a list of three professional references and a sample of development-related writing.