RICHMOND, Virginia—LifeSpire of Virginia is seeking to hire an executive director for The Glebe, a not-for-profit life plan community in Daleville, Virginia. The Glebe is one of four communities owned and operated by LifeSpire of Virginia, based in Richmond, Virginia.
The Glebe currently consists of 154 independent living apartments/cottages, 32 assisted living beds, and 32 skilled nursing beds. Master Planning is underway to consider growth opportunities for additional independent living apartments and/or a memory care neighborhood.
The community has an outstanding reputation in the Roanoke market and currently provides service to 256 residents and currently employs 192 staff members. The health center provides excellent care and has a 5-star rating with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Director is responsible for continuing and enhancing the reputation of the community by providing strategic leadership consistent with the LifeSpire mission, vision, and values. The Executive Director shall provide leadership in the development of policies, procedures and plans which result in the accomplishment of both the organization’s long- and short-range goals. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the development and delivery of appropriate services to residents, clients, and their families.
Key qualifications, duties, and personal characteristics for this position are:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Director of a life plan community
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- NHA license is a plus, but not required
- Thorough understanding of the senior housing industry
- Financial management skills; ability to develop and manage the budget for the entire community; identify areas for expense savings or revenue generating opportunities
- Ability to maintain and strengthen positive working relationships with staff, residents, and leadership across communities
- With support of the leadership team, develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the LifeSpire mission, vision, and values
- Provide quality programming and services that meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s consumer
- Develop and sustain a community culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, continuous quality improvement, and accountability
- Develop a strong team of competent and committed professionals who are committed to service excellence
- Articulate a vision, create consensus, and motivate people to build a sense of community
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the strategic plan and direction of LifeSpire of Virginia.
- Direct the overall operations of the facility while complying with state and federal regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance and licensure with all licensing agencies
- Manage occupancy development.
- Plan, develop, and manage facility’s operating and capital budgets
- Develop and monitor all contracted provider services.
- Foster effective communications and teamwork among the facility’s management group
- Maintain current knowledge about changes in federal, state, and local regulations
- Focus on achieving and maintaining 5-star status in the community
The ideal candidate will be a competent, compassionate, and committed professional who is willing to enter into a long-term commitment of service to the organization and do so within a team-oriented, collaborative, servant-leadership environment. He/she will be a person of high integrity and ethical standards and have a personal reputation that will reflect well on the organization. Of equal importance will be a high standard of care and concern for current and future residents. He/she will evidence a commitment to establishing community collaborations. As a relationship-oriented person, the Executive Director will be an excellent communicator and will maintain a visible presence among staff, residents, clients, and within the surrounding community.
This job offers a competitive base salary with a bonus incentive structure, as well as an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and relocation assistance. EOE.
Qualified applicants may apply by e-mailing a resume to: