April 16, 2019
The LifeSpire of Virginia home office is currently recruiting for a full-time Corporate Controller to help lead the home office accounting team. This important financial management position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and is responsible for all aspects of accounting information, production, compliance, and management pertaining to LifeSpire and its affiliates. In addition, this position monitors and manages the companies’ cash position and our non-profit Foundation’s business affairs and is a valued accounting and financial consultant and resource to LifeSpire’s senior leadership and communities. In performing these responsibilities, this position leads and manages an accounting team of seven FTEs.
- Accounting degree required; CPA preferred.
- Must have at least 7 years’ relevant experience, including as controller or with accounting management experience, preferably in a decentralized operating environment.
- Experience in healthcare, senior living, and/or not-for-profit is preferred
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and at least one accounting software application.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional oral/written communication skills are required. Project management experience is a plus.
- Must be a team-oriented and self-motivated leader. Management experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply sound accounting and business principles and organize and manage multiple deliverables, deadlines and priorities in a fluid environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the following centralized major functional areas:
- General Ledger & Financial Reporting
- Bank reconciliations & cash monitoring/management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable & Third Party Billing
- Fixed Assets
- Tax and Third Party Reporting
- Produce i) monthly income statements and balance sheets for all affiliated not-for-profit corporations, ii) quarterly and annual consolidated GAAP Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Changes in Cash Position, and annual footnote disclosures.
- Establish and maintain effective working and advisory relationships with community Executive Directors, department heads and administrative staff, consistent with providing efficient and mutually effective support.
- Establish and manage internal controls within LifeSpire. Produce, implement and maintain accounting-related policies and procedures, consistent with GAAP, GAAS, governance directives, and good stewardship, to support safeguarding of assets, accurate/timely financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage & coordinate i) LifeSpire’s annual independent audit and production of audited financial statements, and ii) other/regulatory external audits, as necessary.
- Maintain not-for-profit and Foundation accounting and reporting, including donor accounting and management of restricted & unrestricted donations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual discloser statements and quarterly EMMA filings.
- Manage the relationship with LifeSpire’s actuarial consultants, and the calculation/recording of Future Service Obligations; including the use of actuarial software (LifeCalc) & the accounting for and amortization of deferred entrance fees.
- Maintain all companies’ charts of accounts (utilizing Matrix Care integrated software) and their interface with our reports library (utilizing F9 report writer).
- Mange the accounting and reporting pertaining to LifeSpire’s diverse investment portfolio, including alternative investments.
- Manage retirement plan accounting and compliance, including annual non-discrimination testing.
- Ensure appropriate accounting for various types of existing and potential CCRC contract arrangements.
- Manage and coordinate multiple bank accounts and processes, including electronic transfers; maintain bank accounts/relationships as needed.
- Review and approve invoices prior to release of A/P disbursements.
- Assist in the review and preparation of the annual 990 tax returns.
- Manage LifeSpire’s record retention policy and process.
- Develop, maintain and manage accounting-related policies and procedures pertaining to areas of responsibility.
This job offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous paid time off. EOE.
Qualified applicants may apply by sending a resume to: email@example.com