LifeSpire of Virginia is currently recruiting for a full-time staff accountant to support its home office accounting team. This position is responsible for assisting the corporate controller and chief financial officer in maintaining accounting/financial information and systems required for the timely production of accurate financial statements and other financial reports. This position also supports LifeSpire communities’ monthly billing and revenue recognition processes.
LifeSpire of Virginia is a faith-based, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that manages four continuing care retirement communities across Virginia and one continuing care without walls in the greater Richmond area. Our vision is vibrant living where faith, wellness, and community flourish. Our mission is empowering individuals with choices in purposeful living. Our values are faith, servant-leadership, stewardship, integrity, peace of mind, innovation and joy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a relevant field
- At least two years’ broad-based accounting experience, preferably in a decentralized health care or a senior living environment
- Prior experience with regulatory reporting and/or working with auditors
- Prior experience working with computerized accounts receivable and accounting systems system
- Ability to operate independently with minimal direction to accomplish objectives; applying sound accounting and business principles
- Ability to organize and manage multiple deliverables, deadlines, and priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems exercising initiative and flexibility
- Ability to utilize teamwork, exercising professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and at least one accounting software application
- Ability to travel in-state occasionally
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure proper contract coding and accounting in AOD, Lifecalc, Entrance Fee listings, and Resident Fee Listings
- Support monthly community accounts receivable close, resident statement accuracy and production, and accurate resident care revenue generation
- Support annual residents’ rate change process
- Support annual financial audit, resident income tax deduction calculations and other reporting requirements
- Support accounting and reporting for deferred entrance fees, notes receivable and benevolence/Foundation matters
- Support and assist with business office training, development and turnover, when necessary
- Assist with development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures
- Support reorganization/migration of corporate accounting & finance processes by assuming other duties as assigned and assigned backup roles
This job offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous paid time off. EOE.
Qualified applicants may apply by sending a resume to: email@example.com