LifeSpire of Virginia (formerly Virginia Baptist Homes), a non-profit organization with four continuing care retirement communities within Virginia and a strong benevolent foundation, is currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The COO will be responsible for directing the overall operations in all communities through leadership, management, and vision. This position ensures the company has proper operational controls, administrative support, and reporting procedures in place to ensure financial strength, ratio performance and operating efficiency. The COO will foster a culture of accountability, hospitality, integrity, compliance, quality, and transparency.
This position is based in the home office in Richmond, Virginia, and travel to the communities and continuing education will account for 30-40 percent of time spent traveling outside the home office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic plan and direction of LifeSpire of Virginia.
- Direct the overall operations of all communities while complying with state and federal regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures
- Oversee the Executive Director of each community to ensure compliance with regulations and to support financial stability of each location
- Oversee the Corporate Directors of Human Resources, Clinical Operations, and Information Technology to ensure success in those areas across all communities
- Work directly with the President & CEO, Chief Financial Officer, and the VP of Marketing & Public Relations to provide strong leadership and direction to all communities and the home office
- Assist with development and management of each community’s operating and capital budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Nursing Home Administrator by the State of Virginia
- 10+ years Healthcare operational experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible management experience (preferably in a service based not-for-profit organization, and within a CCRC)
- Thorough understanding of the senior housing industry
- Financial management skills; ability to develop and manage operating and capital budgets; identify areas for expense savings or revenue generating opportunities
- Ability to maintain and strengthen positive working relationships with staff, residents, and leadership across communities
- Develop and sustain a company culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, continuous quality improvement, and accountability
- Articulate a vision and develop a strong team of competent and committed professionals who are committed to service excellence
This job offers a competitive base salary with a bonus incentive structure, as well as an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and relocation assistance. EOE.
Qualified applicants should email resume to: email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted through 7/31/2017.
LifeSpire of Virginia is not using an executive search firm for this recruitment.