By Ann Lovell
RICHMOND, Virginia—LifeSpire leadership recognized each of its four continuing care retirement communities for operational and customer service excellence at an awards ceremony Sept. 27. LifeSpire owns and operates four retirement communities serving approximately 1,200 residents throughout Virginia: The Culpeper in Culpeper, The Glebe in Daleville, The Chesapeake in Newport News, and Lakewood in Richmond.
The awards included:
- Perfect survey: Presented to the communities that achieved a perfect survey or no deficiencies on annual state health inspections for skilled nursing.
- Perfect survey 2015: The Glebe
- Perfect survey 2015: Lakewood
- Perfect survey 2016: The Chesapeake
- Spirit of Giving 2016 for highest percentage of employees participating in the employee crisis fund: The Culpeper
- First Impression 2016 for best appearance of the community: The Culpeper
- Overall resident satisfaction 2015 for highest resident satisfaction on the 2015 Independent Living resident satisfaction survey: The Glebe
- Overall resident satisfaction participation 2015 for the highest percentage participation in the 2015 resident satisfaction process: The Glebe
- Overall employee satisfaction participation 2016 for the highest percentage of employee participation in the 2016 employee satisfaction survey: The Glebe
- Overall employee satisfaction 2016 for the highest cumulative score on the 2016 employee satisfaction survey: Lakewood
- Safety First Award for the least amount of dollars spent per claim year: The Glebe
- Fiscal Management 2015 for the community that performed best compared to budget in relation to campus financial results: Lakewood
- Fiscal Management 2016 for the community that performed best compared to budget in relation to campus financial results: The Culpeper
- Graves-Morris Award for largest net gain in independent living occupancy: The Culpeper
- The Appalachian Trail Award for most independent living move-ins: Lakewood
- Mount Everest Award for highest sustained occupancy: Lakewood
- Peak Performance Award for highest closing ratio:
- Rose Wallace of The Culpeper
- Dreama Slone of the The Glebe
- Liz Gee of The Chesapeake
- The Innovator’s Award for marketing innovation: The Chesapeake
Each LifeSpire community provides a full continuum of care to address the changing health needs of seniors. Readily accessible assisted living, 24-hour nursing care, physical therapy and memory support services combined with a focus on exceptional dining, wellness and hospitality are hallmarks of each LifeSpire community. For more information, contact one of our marketing professionals at the community nearest you:
Rose Wallace, The Culpeper in Culpeper, 540-825-2411 or email email@example.com
Helen Burnett, The Glebe in Daleville, 540-591-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Gee, The Chesapeake in Newport News, 757-223-1600 or email email@example.com
Donna Buhrman, Lakewood in Richmond, 804-740-1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Lovell is corporate director of communications for LifeSpire of Virginia, formerly Virginia Baptist Homes. For more information, email email@example.com or call (804) 521-9192.
LifeSpire of Virginia operates four continuing care retirement communities in Virginia: The Chesapeake in Newport News, The Culpeper in Culpeper, The Glebe in Daleville and Lakewood in Richmond.